There is a common misconception that when a motorcycle is involved in an accident that the motorcyclist is always at fault. For this reason, many personal injury firms do not handle motorcycle injury cases. The attorneys at Nobles & DeCarolis welcome motorcycle accident cases because we know there are many other factors at play besides what vehicle an individual is operating.
There are unique problems that motorcyclists face, including:
- Motorcycles are smaller visual targets more likely to be obscured by other vehicles, weather, or road conditions
- Road hazards like potholes, oil slicks, debris, uneven pavement, and puddles are all major hazards for motorcyclists and not as much for cars
- Speed wobble at higher speeds can come from misalignment of the front and rear tires, a possible product liability issue from the manufacturer
- Driving a motorcycle requires more skill and coordination than driving a car, as well as an understanding of the limitations of a motorcycle
- Motorcyclists involved in an accident are more prone to serious injury because there is less material between them and the road or other vehicle
Often a case will come down to who had the right of way at the time of the collision and whether one of the motorists failed to be attentive while driving because of texting, talking on a cell phone, or being engaged in another form of distracted driving.
If you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident, seek medical attention immediately. If you are able, take notes and pictures of the accident scene and get contact information of potential witnesses to the accident. Then call the attorneys at Nobles & DeCarolis to discuss your case.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or death as a result of a motorcycle accident, call Nobles & DeCarolis today (585) 546-1260.
WE WIN OR YOU DON'T PAY
(personal injury cases only)